Tuesday, March 8, 2011

New day!

The morning started out kinda overcast and rainy but I am here to tell you the sun has come out and its a beautiful afternoon. 

Yesterday Matthew and I picked up our protein shake mix. I know what you all are thinking those are gross and taste like chalk. This one is very yummy!!!  Its from Jay Robb and we get the vanilla then make a smoothie out of it. We add all kinds of berries with some ice and bam you have a very tasty low fat high protein snack!  My wonderful Mother-in-law bought us a smoothie maker some years ago and let me tell you it is getting used to its fullest! 

With the program we are using it teaches you fast carbs, slow carbs, and protein. I have learned there are fast carbs and slow carbs even in the fruit family.  When eating you need to have one of each on your plate.  So for out smoothies my favorite is strawberry (fast carb), blueberries (slow carb), and the protein mix (protein).  It really is making me think about the way I eat in a whole new way.

I am hoping that starting now we can teach the girls how to eat properly and they wont have problems with food/ weight that my family has.  Matthew has always know he has been an emotional eater and we are hoping that taking Krysta and Emalynn, when she is older, running will help show her there are other ways of dealing with stress and disappointments then just sitting down eating anything and everything in site.

Ok I guess its time for me to sign off Emalynn is trying to turn the computer off and I really do not want to have to rewrite this because she succeeds.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment